As you are aware, due to the conditions (ICU capacity, COVID-19 case rate per 100,000 residents, etc.) schools that have not opened yet are not allowed to reopen for in person learning. The Board of Directors will be presented the new California Department of Public Health “COVID-19 and Reopening In-Person Instruction Framework & Public Health Guidance for K-12 Schools in California, 2020-2021 School Year (Released 1/14/21)” at their meeting on February 9, 2021. At this time, the Board will also review survey results of Faculty, Staff and Parents before making any final decision for onsite learning for the remainder of the year.
If Bella Mente’s Board of Directors approves reopening in the future, any student who would like to remain on 100% distance learning format may do so.
- American Academy of Pediatrics: COVID-19 Planning Considerations Guidance for School Re-entry
- Arrival and Symptom Screening Procedures
- CA County Superintendents Educational Services Association: School Reopening Guidance
- CA Public Health Department Guidance
- CA School Nurses COVID-19 Recovery Plan
- CA Department of Education Reopening Guidebook
- CA School Boards Association Reopening Report
- CA Department of Public Health Reopening Guidelines (January 14, 2021 Updated)
- CA Department of Public Health School Reopening Recommendations
- San Diego County Office of Education Reopening Plan Assumptions and Recommendations
- COVID-19 Updates