Week 7: 9/28 – 10/2/2020
Dear Bella Mente Families,
Welcome to October! While this has been a challenging year, it seems to be passing very quickly. I hope this finds all of you well and your friends and family safe from any of the fires we have burning in the state. Our thanks go out to the many firefighters assisting in protecting us! I was very pleased that San Diego was not moved to the higher risk level due to COVID-19. We continue to stay at the “red” level, which is still a substantial risk level. I hope that our diligence in practicing safety measures will continue to reduce the number of new cases.
Monday, October 12th, will be a non-student day. Our teachers will be participating in a second training session for ALEKS and Wonders. They will also be preparing for parent conferences and progress reports. I am excited to be meeting with our mentor for Leader in Me. We will be discussing ways to incorporate the seven habits to support the emotional and mental health of our staff and students.
Thank you to Ms. Kathleen Decker for presenting our September Parent Workshop! I was so disappointed to miss it. My internet went down right before the Workshop. I want to give a shout out to Liz LaBlond and Macarena Davis for supporting Ms. Decker in my absence. We have such a great supportive team at Bella!
I am so much enjoying observing classrooms! It is beautiful to see the scholars so excited to participate. I visited Ms. Kristen’s room with Ms. Feeley for a show and tell on Friday. We had so much fun seeing all the pets, stuffed toys, cats, dogs, and turtles! My dogs are older and I believe they think all children should be seen in an online format.
As always, we at Bella want to thank you for your trust, patience, and kindness as we work together to make this a great year for all!
Enjoy your weekend and stay safe and healthy!
“The adolescent must never be treated as a child, for that is a stage of life that he has surpassed. It is better to treat an adolescent as if he had greater value than he actually shows than as if he had less and let him feel that his merits and self-respect are disregarded.” – Maria Montessori
- Please make sure your student(s) are logging in through Clever and not going directly to their Google Classroom or Zoom Meet with their teacher.
- We have moved over to Zoom for our meetings. Zoom has many more tools for staff and scholars to use. It will probably take a couple of weeks for everyone to become familiar with using it.
- Student emails are for logging in only, they are not set up for communication. Please contact your teacher through Clever, Google Classroom, or email from a parent.
- We are still working on obtaining Big Universe. There was a mistake in the licensing and we are working on fixing it. McGraw-Hill is very busy right now.
- Oct. 9th – 9 am – 3 pm Supply Pick-up Day Grades TK – 6th
- October 12 is No school
- October 12-15th is the Great American Shakeout
- October 12-16th is National School Lunch Week “Now Playing”
- October 26-30th is Red Ribbon Week
- October 27 & 28 Parent Conferences