Week 6: 9/21 – 9/25/2020
Dear Bella Mente Families,
Happy Friday! It was nice to see families attend Ms. Eka’s presentation on Wednesday regarding student mental health. Our own Ms. Kathleen Decker who teaches Lower Elementary will be presenting at our Parent Workshop next Wednesday, September 30th, on the subject of handwriting. We will be hosting monthly Parent Workshops, so if there is a topic you would like to see covered please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You might have seen some schedule changes for your scholar this last week. We are always reevaluating to assure we are meeting the needs of our scholars. Live meets were increased for some grade levels. Nothing can beat direct instruction from teachers, so please support your child’s attendance to their live meets with their teacher. We have also increased our small groups to support students who need more support to complete assignments. We also have our 4-7pm teachers who are available to support learning.
Our Primary Team enjoyed an assembly, I Love Water, presented by The San Diego County Water Authority. We are all exploring ways to come together online to learn and have fun! Look for more fun ways for your scholars to engage in learning mixed with a lot of fun!
As always, we at Bella want to thank you for your trust, patience, and kindness as we work together to make this a great year for all!
Enjoy your weekend and stay safe and healthy!
“We discovered that education is not something which the teacher does, but that it is a natural process which develops spontaneously in the human being.”- Maria Montessori
Ways to improve Chromebook performance.
- Your student’s Chromebook will run more efficiently if you turn it OFF each night.
- The Chromebook will perform better during the video conferencing if they are plugged in, receiving an electrical charge.
- Limiting the number of tabs opened at once will improve Chromebook speed.
- Oct. 7th Virtual Walk to Schol Event
- Oct. 15th Great American Shakeout
- Oct. 26 – Oct. 28 Red Ribbon Week
- Farm to School all month long