Week 15: 11/30 – 12/04/2020
Dear Bella Mente Families,
What beautiful weather we had for our Fall Break! I hope you were able to spend some time outside to enjoy it! It seems we are all online so much that getting outside is important for our physical and emotional health. Things like taking a walk or even working outside, if possible, is beneficial for our well-being.
We have a busy week next week!
–Tuesday at 6:30pm is our monthly Board of Directors meeting.
–Thursday at 5:00 pm for English speakers and 6:00 pm for Spanish speakers is our monthly Answers with McQuestion
-Materials pick-up for Lower Elementary students this Friday, from 1 pm to 3 pm. If you are unable to make this pick-up time. Please set an appointment with Liz LaBlond at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a couple of dates to save for the following week.
-Mr. Hank is presenting another Cooking it up with Mr. Hank on December 15th at 5:00pm for both English and Spanish speakers.
–Our teachers are busy working with their scholars for a fun Winter Spectacular on December 16th. Share the date with family and friends! We can celebrate our outstanding scholars! I’m sure there will be lots of smiles!
Just a reminder, we are going for 100% attendance for the month of December. I know we can do it and our students will benefit from it!
After talking with our teachers we have decided to postpone our next MAPS assessment to January. Our plan is to begin assessments on January 12th. More information to come!
NWEA, which developed the MAPS assessment, has released a study on how students are performing since we entered the Covid-19 era. “Preliminary fall data suggests that, on average, students are faring better than we had feared with continued academic progress in reading and minor setbacks in math due to COVID-19 related school disruptions,” said Beth Tarasawa, EVP of Research at NWEA. nwea.org/covid-impact
The good news is that we know where we need to focus and what student populations might need more support. As educators, we are ready to pivot to support student learning!
As always, we at Bella want to thank you for your trust, patience, and kindness as we work together to make this a great year for all!
Enjoy and stay safe and healthy!
- Winter School Supply Drive Dec. 7th – 11th – drop-off front gate
- Board of Directors Meeting – Tuesday, December 8, 2020 @ 6:30
- Answers with McQuestion – Thursday, December 10, 2020 @ 5pm/English, 6pm/Spanish
- Community Outreach Food Distribution Drive-Thru, December 15th, 11 am-12 pm
- Mr. Hank’s Cooking it Up – Tuesday, December 15th, 2020 @5pm English/Spanish
- Winter Spectacular – Wednesday, December 16th, 2020.
- Winter Break – Friday, December 18, 2020 – Tuesday, January 5, 2021
- Dine out at Chipotle, Fundraiser, January 13th
- Dine out at Rubio’s, Fundraiser, February 10th
- Monday-Crazy Sock Day – Dec. 14th
- Tuesday-Cozy Scarf Day – Dec. 15th
- Wednesday- Wacky Hair Day – Dec. 16th
- Thursday-Pajama Day – Dec. 17th
Upcoming Parent Workshops 5 pm English and 6 pm Spanish
- January 27, 2021 – Time Management with Mr. Chalmers
- February 24, 2021 – Getting the most out of Wonders with Ms. McGraw
- March 31, 2021 – Teaching the Montessori Way with Mr. Bareno
- April 28, 2021 – Restorative Practices with Dr. McQuestion
- May 26, 2021 – Let’s prepare for High School with Ms. LaBlond and Ms. Marter
Daily school attendance sets your scholar up to succeed in life!
BMA Office Hours
By appointment only email email@example.com to set-up an appointment.
Joy, feeling one’s own value, being appreciated and loved by others, feeling useful and capable of production are all factors of enormous value for the human soul. Maria Montessori
Parent Training – Sexual Abuse Prevention Training for Parents and Guardians
Bella Mente Academies has partnered with CharterSAFE to provide parents and guardians with protecting your child from sexual abuse. Please click here for the flyer on how to complete the valuable training. Training is in English and Spanish.