Dear Bella Families,
It has been a very busy week filled with a ton of fun as well! Our Garden/Nutrition Green Team has been hard at work all week keeping our campus litter free! This team is a part of the Leader In Me Educational Leadership Program. This program helps create Leadership, Responsibility and Ownership within the scholars that participate. To go with all the community service work they have been demonstrating, they have been working on deconstructing the old garden fence in anticipation of the new fencing to be installed over Fall break. Scholars have been learning the science of compost, tending to the garden, and taking excellent care of the Bella Mente chickens.
Art classes have been getting messy working with oil pastels and grape seed oil to create their beautiful display of fall pumpkin art. Art club also has started this week Wednesdays and Thursdays after school. Scholars in this program have had the opportunity to work with chalk and explore many other art materials so that they can get their creative minds rolling.
- Please plan to arrive 5-15 minutes before your scholar’s scheduled start time each day. Sadly, too many scholars are missing the important beginning of their day due to tardiness.
- If you are staying home to homeschool your scholar for the day and participate online with your teacher, please email IS@bellamentecharter.org to complete an Independent Study Agreement.
- Don’t forget, clocks change this weekend for daylight saving time. On Sunday, be sure to move your clocks back one hour.
- Thursday, November 11, 2021 Bella Mente will be closed in recognition of Veterans Day.
- Bella families please be on the lookout for our community outreach food distribution flyer in your emails coming soon.
Have a great weekend!
Erin Feeley, Executive Director
- November 11th – Non-School Day – Veterans Day Holiday
Read A Thon Congratulations!
Lunch w/Principal Dates
- Primary – Friday, 11/12
- Lower Elementary – Monday 11/15
- Upper Elementary – Monday 11/15
- Pizza Party – Thursday, 11/18
- November 18th – BMX Assembly
- November 19th – November 28th Fall Break (Non School Days) Scholars return on Monday, November 29th